“Black is our gold, safety is our goal”
LL Pelling is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees, sub-contractors, customers and the community. We perform all work with a very clear focus on safety and we are proud of our long safety record.
We are committed to a safe work environment by:
- Employing a full-time Safety & Insurance Director
- Continually improving our Health & Safety Performance through our safety committee’s weekly meetings
- Educating, training and motivating managers, supervisors and crew workers to demonstrate Safety Excellence
- Providing the necessary tools, machines, and personal protective equipment to perform work safely and efficiently
- Exercising due diligence
- Performing responsibly
- Mandating all employees attend our annual safety meeting before the start of each season
- Performing regular and preventative maintenance on all owned and operated equipment
- Rewarding safe employees through our Safety Incentive Award program
- Communicating safety topics in our weekly tool box sessions performed by foreman on every crew
- Mandating a strict dress code on every job : long pants, shirts with sleeves, class 2 level 2 safety vest, work boots with a 4″ height and substantial sole. Depending on the job, we may also require: hard hat, safety glasses, ear plugs, head light, retro-reflective ankle bands, class 3 level 2 coat, etc.
At LL Pelling we believe that all accidents are preventable. We are committed to a zero injury workplace and have undertaken significant initiatives to instill an even greater safety focus and culture. The clearest demonstration of our respect for our employees, customers, contractors, suppliers, and the community is an unyielding commitment to safety.
Safety in Numbers
We have been acknowledged by the Associated General Contractor for work comp injury rates that are 25% below each division’s average. In addition, we have received awards from the Iowa-Illinois Safety Council based on our safety numbers. Employees demonstrate safe behavior are rewarded though our Safety Incentive Award program.
Winner of the 2014 AGC Iowa ROSE Safety Award – 1st place in the Asphalt Paving Division (300,001-700,000 work hours).
We are fully insured with bonding capabilities, worker’s compensation, property damage & public liability insurance.
View our online library of Safety Data Sheets. You can search for chemicals, view PDF data sheets, and print labels. Click here to begin.
Safety & Insurance inquiries should be directed to:
Phone: (319) 626-4600
Fax: (319) 626-4605
PO Box 230
North Liberty, IA 52317